CS Philosophy Statement

The computer science field is obviously a fast changing industry. It seems like nearly every day a new product comes out, something to do the job faster or more efficient. With technology constantly being enhanced, people in the computer science field have to be on their toes to keep up with what is new. This is not an easy task and although this keeping pace with technology idea applies to nearly all fields, the computer people need t take particular attention to this.

These days computers are involved in nearly everything we do. This is why the computer science industry is so important. With the recent history of the United States economy, the industry has taken a bit of a hit and jobs were more difficult to find. Still now, the market seems to be coming back around and the industry is picking up again. Those who were out of work before seem to slowly be finding their way back to the working world.

As to where I fit in this whole scheme I am not quite sure. I might actually bypass the industry as whole and go into teaching at the college level. Also I might pursue a career in the area or operations research/industrial engineering. Whatever I end up doing, I plan to either go into the field of one of my majors, either mathematics or computer science. Since both are used in nearly every aspect of the working world my options ar vast. Ultimately I think I would like to find a nice blend of the two. Hopefully utilize both my skills in a career that I enjoy.