Philosophy Statement

Computer Science

As a child, I was deeply fascinated in the technologically advanced device know as NES, the Nintendo Entertainment System. Ok, so maybe it was only advanced for its time. But this was the very first computer I came in contact with that created the first spark, creating the fiery passion for which I now hold in regards to computers and computer science. As simple as the graphics and games were, I was hooked the first time Mario stomped upon a goomba. As the time passed and technology advanced, so did my interests. Around the early '90's I received my first computer. It too was comparable in the lack of technology it had in it as the NES did. Even with its 32 Megs of RAM, I was awe-stricken and drawn in deeper. I can't really say what specifically interests me, but the ability and power to create, animate and bring to life our wildest dreams within the computer world is exciting. This is one of the main reasons I wish to become a game programmer. To be able to realize my creations within an environment and bring them to life to share with and entertain others. That is what drives me. And Computer Science will give me the necessary tools to do so.