Welcome!

While you are here...

Home
Read my journal
View my resume
Contact my references
Read my philosophy statement
My code

My personal links...

Compsci

CS460--Senior Capstone

Week 1--Jan. 23-29
On Tuesday we got our topics from Dr. Pankratz. Now it's time to start the research and get back to him to verify the project...

Week 2--Jan. 30-Feb. 5
More research...time to go talk to Prof. Blahnik, and get my "starter code" from him. Will start reviewing both this code and the code I found online.

Week 3--Feb. 6-12
The plan is to get up to speed on the information that is out there and start pressing forward on my own and actually getting this project going.

Week 4--Feb. 13-19
Hope to have the edge detection algorithm done by the end of this week, so I can show only the edges and "clean up" everything else on the image.

Week 5--Feb. 20-26
Next will be time to move to still images. Want to be able to detect clean edges in the image, so I can find out where the edges are and center myself on an object.

Week 6--Feb. 27-Mar. 5
Continuing on still images...will hopefully be moving from an initial still image to multiple still images and trying to make sure that the orientation of the object in the image won't affect my results.

Week 7--Mar. 6-12
If possible will finish up work on still images and start working with a "live-feed" (i.e. webcam).

Week 8--Mar. 13-19
Will continue working with a webcam, but still probably not mobile.

Week 9--Mar. 20-26
SPRING BREAK--not so exciting this year...I'll be sitting at home getting better after surgery and working on my capstone project (along with all my other homework)...sounds truly exciting, doesn't it?
Hopefully can go mobile at this point with a laptop and the webcam...if I can get up and moving around soon enough after surgery...we'll see how this goes.

Week 10--Mar. 27-Apr. 2
Will have to "modularize" my code and test and debug to iron out any minor flaws that I can find.

Week 11--Apr. 3-9
Testing and debugging, continued...

Week 12--Apr. 10-16
This week will be full of documentation writing and making sure that people who look at my work will be able to understand what I did.

Week 13--Apr. 17-23
Since next week are the presentations, this week will consist of preparing the presentation speech, and making my work look pretty and presentable.

Week 14--Apr. 24-30
Demos and Presentations--time to show the college and the public what I've done in CS460.

Week 15--May 1-7
Final project defense--time to defend what I've done all semester.

Week 16--May 8-14
Finals Week...Only one final for me! :) Reflect on a unique and incredible learning experience and feel proud knowing I survived and completed the capstone course (certainly hope this goes as planned!!) Oh yeah....and of course, gotta throw graduation in there at the end :)