stockphoto

My Blog

This is where the journal begins...

Posted by Quang in

Jan 30 2014

Got the topic from Dr. Pankratz

It's about recognition of hand using a camera ( either laptop/xbox's camera)

Don't know where to start yet but will do some reasearch during the weekend

Posted by Quang

Feb 5 2014

I did some reaseach on how to track hand. There are 2 main things that I may use: Kinect libarary or OpenCV library

Kinect seem to be a better tools for hand gesture ( since it see an image under 3D). However, I won't have it in hand until next Monday. Therefore, I will start with OpenCV first.

Got a lots of trouble installing OpenCV into my computer. It just won't work >"<

z
Posted by Quang

Feb 9

Sucessful installing OpenCV. Now, I can able to grab video from webcam to display on C# application

Posted by Quang

Feb 16 2014

Sucessful extract skin color from the camera's picture. Going to use the despth sensor of kinect to make a better solution for hand tracking

Posted by Quang

Feb 23 2014

Using kinect to calculate the distance from my hand to camera to capture the image in a specific depth. Avoid background noice. Then, I am trying to extract skin color from the image. However, I am having some trouble of using the skin detector class in my kinect project. I am working on it.

Posted by Quang

March 2 2014

There are 2 different picture type which are not able to convert between the 2.

I have to find a way to transfer an image to bitmapsource then from the bitmapsource transfer back to and Imag<brg,byte>.

However, what i get is a black image.

Posted by Quang

March 24 2014

I am able to combine OpenCV and Kinect library together. However, there is still an issue with image type.

It's hard to solve so I move on to the next step and will try to solve it later on.

I am working on counting fingers from the hand's contour. It works ok for 1->4 fingers however it often fail when I tries to count the last finger which is the thumb.

Posted by Quang

April 10 2014

Program works pretty good ^^ I am able to count finger from 1 -4 and can able to signal the mouse using my hand.

1 finger indicated for mouse down and 3 is for mouse up. Hand became a virtual mouse.

For this week, I will clear out the code made change for the web page and wrap up everything.