Comp Sci Project Showcase
by Cody Schober

Blog Entry #31

May 10th, 2016

I nearly have all of the documentation done. While going through the code and checking over some things, I actually found a few small modifications that have had a massive impact. The first of thes is the addition of a clear fields button on the MainActivity page of the app. Utilizing the existing ToResults function, I changed what the calls to the EditText fields were doing in order to set those values to blank. I have tested this component, and it is working. Another thing I did, looking over how I was adding projects to the bookmarks internal database, was that I could alter the method slightly to remove the bookmark, if it is in the database. I was able to implement and test this, and I have confirmed that it is working as it should, thus adding onto my app the ability to remove bookmarks. However, the issue remains of not having real bookmark management features as I desire. The last thing I did was that I reviewed over how I was calling the BlogView, and I determined that I could implement it within content_blog_view instead of having it in a fragment. Thus, I cleaned up the code and removed excess files, while still having the call to view the project sites work as it should.