Clean up

4-12-17

The Project:
So shortly after finding myself stuck, I finally got the service to work and collect data from fit bit every 20 min. After doing this I created a global time keeper so that the other activities on my app will not go to fit bit as well to update the data, but rather just pull from the jsons as they should be up to date. Fit Bit only allows so many hits on their site an hour and the heart rate data I can see is between 15 and 20 from current time anyways. The only problem with the service, that I wish I had the time to solve, is that oauth2 needs a web browser to work, and I have not found a way to open a web browser in the background. So as of now every 20 min or so the app kicks you out of what you are doing and opens a webpage to update itself. Well at least this is still the beta. ALSO as of yesterday I have finished my journaling section of the app. Using 2 different files I am accessing internal storage so I don’t need the compsci servers for saving data. My first screen has a drop down menu or spinner as android calls it. This is populated by my first file that keeps a list of file names in it. The files names are stored through the use of a time string with date minutes and seconds so no two files can have the same name. Another global variable is used to keep track of how many times the save button was clicked. Because to create the spinner I needed the array to be the exact size of how many saved files there are. The second file stores what you journaled so you can look back and see how you were feeling and maybe find patterns in stress levels. This took many many hours to figure out with lots of bugs to fix along the way.