Honestly never thought I was going to get this point of being done with this project. At this point, it's done and it works pretty well. The user is able to add music, add events to specific places, save and load their files. It turned out saving and loading was a lot easier than I had expected. I just needed to figure out how to format my data so it would be saved and read easily. Once this was finished, I added a couple of other clarifying features to the project. The numbers at the bottom of the screen when an event is added correspond to the cell number. The first number is when it will appear, 1| 2| 3| and so on. The numbers after that are where the image will appear in the cell grid. This makes it a little easier for the user to understand rather than just assuming they could figure that out. An demo of the full program will be loaded soon after this is posted.
The End in sight
Finally getting some good work done. Currently I have the program displaying what it should, when it should. It took awhile to get the events to be editable and to appear correctly. I had to create two drop downs and a input box for the user to be able to edit them allowing them to change what type event, which specific event, and the boxes that they wanted them to show up in. The last thing to do is to allow boxes to only be showing for when an event is happening. This should be as simple as enabling and disabling. However there is still the issue of getting my timer to actually work and be able to be adjusted, moving along as it's supposed to depending on the time of the song. I ran into a ton of bug working with the drop downs, getting information that was stored, and placing it where I want it. But progress is progress and it's more about getting the music to line up better now.
Better Late than Never
So it's been a little while since posting anything. Since then we have made it so that the code is a little more robust. Rather than having a couple hundred lines of code in order to get the items to appear, I now am doing it dynamically in about 60 lines of code. A lot of time has been spent trying to get the time from the header file. There was a lot going on with that. It took me about a week in order to get that going alone. Now we have the boxes appearing when you add an event. I'm currently working on allowing the user to change the length of the events and allow the visualizer read from what the user determined.
Music and Movement
At this point I have finally gotten my project to produce music and produce different movement. I am now trying to figure out how to sync the two up to each other. I think I'm going to have to do some math and changing what features trip at which point. Also working on a slider for the music is going to be a difficult part. Next week walk through should help me a ton because I'm running into a road block on how to control the music or if it's even necessary or if I just need to control when the events happen and let the music go by itself. Attached is a video of how it's working so far.
Set backs and Progress
Recently my computer died which caused me quite a bit of headache. I have since fixed this issue and was then faced with a new challenge of trying to get my project back. I had to pull from my old files and rebuild my project. I have gotten back to the same point however. I also had the issue of dealing with NetBeans error of not allowing nb-javac to work. I have since downloaded another patch for this in order to continue working on my project. This as well as other world issues have been causing stress as I have been unsure of where I will be working from in the near future as well.
Progress is Progress
I have started working on the first drawings of the project. Thus far I decided that my project will need two different pages, one for the music and one for the lights. It will automatically populate with a pop-up upon opening and prompt the user for some input of either continuing or starting a new project. The music is used to create, edit, ,time, and cut up the music selection. Whereas the lights is for dragging and dropping things to the timing and the music if one so chooses. I realize to make this work I will first need to build a good music editor, then figure out how to build animations and make them free-placing in a certain region. I’m currently unsure of how WAV/ /4 work with being read from, that is something to look into quickly here. That is currently my biggest task at the moment. — Date 2/5/2020
St Norbert College computer Science major 2020