Search
  • Aldo Gonzalez

3/19 Slicer and More RGB

Done:

Two days ago, I tried a few more pixel points to see the color breakdown. This reminded me of 110. Dark blue gave a full B value with a small bit in the others, whereas the lighter green gave a full G value but a bit more in the others.

I also found a slicer library alongside its documentation. One interesting thing is that you can set how many tiles, rows, and columns you need, but it doesn't always give you what you want. 20 5x4 works, but others do not. Luckily, the changes aren't dramatic, so it may not be a huge issue.

Saving-wise, you can save the tiles to disk, which I tested. However, due to performance, I cannot be doing that all the time. There seems to be an efficient saving method that stores them into file-like objects.

Return object wise, you get a tuple of tile objects, numbered and with the file name (if saved). Each of those tile objects can give you its coordinates, meaning, a pixel position tuple, which may be good for going through pixels. You can also see its position, meaning, an x,y/col,row tuple, which may be good for knowing tile positions.

3-19

Next Steps:

• Read some Pillow documentation + try any relevant things

• In GUI, allow selection between one or two pictures -> UI

• If one is clicked, it is sliced into tiles (with the amount depending on the size of the picture?)

• Store either the tile object or a form of the pictures, or both

0 views0 comments