Search

All Smiles :)

Updated: 6 days ago

My project is really starting to come together these past few days. A lot of the bugs I have been stuck on for a few weeks have been resolved.

Progress on my project is as such:

• Animating the page turn has been cleaned up so that every time I click the turn page button, the readBook form is always on top (before it was being moved behind all of the other forms and I would lose it).

• I made my code more reusable. Before, I had a pictureBox on top of each textbox, so when a text box was clicked, it would make the pictureBox visible. I changed this to highlighting the text box which all in all looks cleaner and is more vibrant. I prefer this change. Also, I am able to iterate over all controls of type text box and change them back to their previous state, and I removed a large if -> else series of statements that accompanied the pictureBox, since textBox is "sender" in the CheckMouseButtonStatus function. This made 40 lines of code go down to 1.

• I changed the layout of the readBook page so all the words are bigger (and much easier to click), and they also look more neat on the screen.

• Finally, one thing I struggled with, and was working on in Office Hours was redrawing the screen (because my text to speech function was being called before the picture would become visible, and this was the same problem I was facing with the highlighting. I used this function:

HWND handle = GetActiveWindow(); //this is the topmost form (readBook)

RedrawWindow(handle, NULL, NULL, RDW_INVALIDATE | RDW_UPDATENOW);

Here is a link to a video of my project running: https://loom.com/share/3683c3c74c0b4756b4d4a65dbd88ec8d

This includes calibrating the eye tracker as well in the beginning.

0 views0 comments