Search

Friday Night Debugging Session

I have continued to work on my project today and was able to smooth a few things out.

What I accomplished today was:

• Resolving the issue where my program would buffer half-way between reading a sentence, and the screen not updating. This was a simple function call: System::Windows::Forms::Application::DoEvents();

• Slowed down the mouse movement by adjusting Sam's smoothing algorithm. I am taking a larger pool of coordinates and finding the average position of them in order to place the cursor. This has made controlling the form with my eyes MUCH easier

• I also adjusted Sam's algorithm he used for less precision when moving the eyes towards the top or bottom of the form. I noticed that it was also getting less precise moving way to the left or way to the right, so I added an X_OFFSET to resolve this.

• I am in the process of removing the focus from the buttons for each form. I had a hard time controlling the form with the spacebar rather than a mouse click because the focus is set to a button each time they are clicked. I found that I will have to set the focus to something else (most likely a photo or text box) to prevent this from happening. I got this done with two buttons, but have a few more to go.

I am calling it a night, but I am so pleased with all the progress that has been made this week, and feel as though I am almost ready for presentations.

0 views0 comments