Recognizing Text in Images

Blog

This blog is where I will be making posts of my progress on my project.

Portfolio

This contains both a downloadable PDF of my resume and my philosophical statment of what I enjoy most about being a computer science student.

Scope

This is my description of my projects specifications baised on the criteria that was given to me by my professor.

Plan

This will have ideas of how I am going to move forward as I progress through the project.

Latest Posts

Search and Picture Taking

I implemented the ability to search the results that were found in the image as a google search and also made it possible to freeze a single frame when in the Live-Video mode so that the user is not required to stay completely still while using the program. Another part that I implemented this week was the pop-up box when the mouse hovers over a certain part of the application with a description of what it is or does. Read More

Implementing the Camera

This week I worked on the implementation of the camera into my project. It went smoother than I was expecting it to however I found some information on Tkinter which made the processes easier. I am now able to switch from the camera and openable photos on the fly dust by clicking a button. The camera also already displays what it has read since I am making the same function call, but it is instead called at a set interval of time. Read More

Improving Recognition

The next steps I have made in my program is adding a text box that displays the text found with the given confidence percentage with the tesseract algorithm. Another improvement that I made was hacing uniform scaling with the images after importing. I gave them a set hieght and the width changes depending on what the aspect ratio of the image is. Read More