Vision for the Railroad
A 2006 Capstone Project by Josh Domina
Home Project Definition Journal Downloads CS Philosophy & Career Path My Resume

Computer Science Philosophy
To me Computer Science is a unique discipline. It is logical and structured like mathematics. It involves experimentation and a methodical approach like a science discipline. It also has a creative and artistic aspect like painting does. Computer Science is like all of these things but yet it is none of them. It is this mixture that makes Computer Science appealing to me.

My introduction to the field came as a young child. I enjoyed playing video games as a kid, more than watching movies. And as I grew older I realized that the control I have while playing games is what drew me to it. This same draw to be in control got me interested in using computers and eventually programming them. In high school I took a C programming couse in command line Linux with VI, loved it, and never turned back.

Career Path
After I graduate from St. Norbert College I intend on doing two things. First I want to work full time. I also intend on attending graduate school at night. I am considering attending either St. Xavier University or North-Central University as a commuter student. From there, I hope to get a job working in the field of my graduate degree.