Project Description
My capstone project dealt with the Tutor Database System used by the Office of Academic Support Services at St. Norbert College. Administrators use a Visual Basic program to access the database to view/update Tutor's information and assign students who need tutoring to a Tutor that matches their criteria - class, professor, and availability. Tutors utilize a website to access the database to view/update their information such as their schedule, current student connections, and the courses they can tutor. Throughout the course of the semester, I implemented new features to this system and created new user interfaces. Editing the database required knowledge in MySQL, while adding features and improving the user interfaces required Visual Basic 6, PHP, Javascript, HTML, and CSS. While building these new features and editing the user interfaces, I had to maintain strong human-computer interaction principles.

Please read my journal entries on the 'Journal' page to get an idea of how my project progressed throughout the semester. You can also visit the 'Downloads' page to view numerous documents that have screenshots and explanations of my results.