Home Journal Resources About

About Me

Picture of Myself Paul McEnaney
Hometown: Kewaunee, WI
Major: Computer Science
Concentration: Business Information Systems
Minor: Business Administration
Certificate in Japanese Language Studies

Contact Information: paul.mcenaney@snc.edu
Resume

Philosophy
I have always loved new technology. To me, technology - and in turn, computers - are about solving real problems. Whether it's a new game, setting up a new computer, or fixing a friend's machine I have found myself most at-home sitting in front of a screen, curled up with my keyboard (figuratively speaking). It seemed natural to take a few computer courses in college. As I learned a little bit I found I wanted to learn more.

Although computers are used for many recreational purposes, I believe in their very real potential to solve major problems. Science and industry rely upon them, as do most forms of business in the current age and forseeable future.

Computers have a huge potential for doing good in the world. Their usefullness is only as limited as the creativity of the people who program them. It is because of their usefulness - their potential - that I have a passion for computing. I love the creation of something directly from the mind, the smell of new hardware. Above everything, I love the potential for a machine to be useful in so many ways.

I believe that as a computer scientist I have a responsibility to help those around me solve problems. That is the power of computers.