Where Is My School Bus?
by Ian McDowell, Class of 2021
All About Where Is My School Bus
The goal of this project is to design and create a mobile application that is able to let parents know when their child's school bus will arrive.
My name is Ian McDowell and I will be graduating in spring 2021 with a major in computer science and a minor in music. I've always felt driven to create software that helps better the world.
I knew from a very young age that I would be working with computers and code when I grew up. I was enamored by what made it work. As I continue to explore new ideas and
develop my understanding as a computer scientist, I look forward to tackling new challenges and finding new solutions.
- The app should work for any bus route.
- An admin side determines the bus route, stops, and users.
- The app predicts the ETA and perhaps shows the current location of the bus.
- A parent can ask the app to alert them when their children arrives home after school.
- Make sure to protect the privacy of all involved.
- The app can start dinner for the family and help with the kid's homework so all can live happily ever after.