Philosophy Statement

When I decided to come to St. Norbert College I never really expected to be leaving with a degree in Computer Science. I came into college officially undecided but, I was going down the Pre-Engineering path with a minor in Business Administration. I was always taking things apart as a kid and figuring out how they worked. In high school, I took various shop classes and CAD design, classes. Using CAD programs, physics and math came fairly easy to me in high school so I thought Engineering would be perfect. After about a year and a half in college, I realized that Engineering wasn't for me. I went to the Office of Career and Professional Development on campus as I really didn't know where to go anymore. They suggested since I always liked technology and building things to try Computer Science. After one semester, I decided that this was what I wanted to major in. Seeing code you write to create something, even though it may not be physical, allowed me to scratch the itch I had for designing within engineering.

Contact