About Me

Hey! My name is Jadon and I'm a senior Natural Science major here at St. Norbert. I got into Computer Science about 3 years ago on a whim and immediately fell in love with its complexity and deeply stepped problem solving attitude. I currently serve as a tutor and teacher's assistant for Comp Sci and have found a facination with learning through teaching other students. I am currently on track to enroll in my PhD in chemistry at the University of Colorado Boulder and hope to speciallize in the field of materials chemistry and engineering. This very narrow subfield is growing quickly and relates very closely to the design and problem solving nature of Computer Science. I am most motivated to go to Colorado, however, because of the nature. I was born in Salt Lake City and have been in love with nature since I was a kid. I backcountry ski, row for my college's crew team, and occasionally climb and am always looking for a way to get back into nature.

I was not required to take a Capstone but was heavilly encouraged by Dr. Diederich and Dr. McVey so I figured it must be a good idea. Both have taught me over the last 3 years to curiously embrace the difficulty of the sciences, and in doing so have partially encouraging my pursuit of a research degree. I hope you enjoy reading and seeing my capstone project but I hope to convey, just as much, the creative process behind it. Seeing my redesigns, planning, and (especially) every mistake.

Career Plans (5/11/23):

This coming fall I move to Salt Lake City to pursue my Ph.d. in the Chemical Sciences at the University of Utah. This is not the end of the road for computer science by a long shot. In fact, one of my primary reasons for chosing UU is its proclivity for computational chemistry labs. I hope to make a career which blends my love of chemistry, physics, and computer science and allows me to research professionally with curiosity and passion.

I hope you learn something and enjoy! (and maybe find some bugs too)