HOME | PROJECT INFORMATION | BLOG | ABOUT ME | SOURCE CODE

About Me

General Information
Hometown: Two Rivers, WI
Major: Computer Science and Mathematics
Resume - Last Updated May 10, 2015
Philosophy
When I was in high school, we had a choice of electives. I chose to take a few of the computer classes that were offered and got an introduction to several different softwares as well as an introduction to coding. I didn't think much of it at the time, even thought I had enjoyed the class. A couple years later, I started college with an undeclared major, leaning toward Mathematics. One of the requirements for a Math Major is CS 110. Within a couple weeks, I knew that I wanted to keep studying computer science. I loved being able to solve the same problems as the rest of my classmates, but in my own way. More than anything, I love that i can show people what I'm doing because it's more than just reading text or crunching some numbers. It's incredibly satisfying to look back and see what you've acutally made.

I believe that studying computer science gives you a much better appreciation for the technology we use every day. We can look at a piece of technology and think about more than just how cool it is. We think about how it works and what actually went into the creation and design of it. Most importantly, we can think about how we can use it and improve it to keep moving forward.