Computer Science Philosophy
With the recent technology boom, today's modern lifestyle is flooded with uses of technology. There's hardly a person today who goes through their daily life without the use of e-mail, the internet, cell phones, or any of the other gadgets that we as a society depend on to function. The field of Computer Science goes far beyond these applications however. Businesses from the large corporations to small offices rely on software systems to manage their data and help them execute their business. Even further than this, the ideas presented in a Computer Science education are used to run large scale governmental programs including the development of "smart weapons" and communications with space shuttles. From controlling the movement of robots on Mars to running the organizer in your pocket, computer technology impacts our society like nothing has ever done before.

A computer science education is more than learning how to make electronics operate or mastering the syntax of a given language. It draws upon many other academic fields such as math, philosophy, business, ethics, and communication to develop a full education for the student. This is an education in problem solving techniques and strategies that allow us to meet the needs of the society we live in. As more and more our society turn to technology to solve our problems, the need for these strategic program solvers will continue to rise. Advances in technology not only allow people in the field to improve themselves, but they allow everyone in society to live and work to their full potential.
Future Goals
After graduation I am planning on joining the workforce with a job in a computer science field. Curently my experience leads me towards the path of software development, however I am open to other fields of computer science. Perhaps this project will broaden my scope to areas that I haven't really covered yet.
I would also like to continue my education. I am thinking about taking graduate school night courses or going back to graduate school after a few years in the industry. With the constant development of technology I feel that constant education is essential to remaining competitive in the industry.
Resume
Select a link below to view my resume:
Contact Information
Joe Cohen
100 Grant St. #352
De Pere, WI 54115

School Phone: (920) 403-3651
Cell phone number available upon request.