Home Blog Project About Me Downloads

Blog

May 9, 2011

This will be my final entry it's the end of the semester already, and it has gone by very quickly. I really intended to update this blog more. Now I'm getting my final documentation uploaded. I managed to get the SDK example to compile and run. Working with the KTX was interesting and there's now a solid base for more development.

March 2, 2011

I'm currently working on learning more about using the RobovieMaker2 software: that is to say learning more about how to program in the environment since it uses a flowchart like structure to make the robot move from pose to pose. I'm also working on developing a set of poses that could be useful in a variety of actions for the robot, and since attempting to get the tutorial lesson that came with KTX was difficult, I'm writing a beginner's manual to do simple things with KTX like having him raise an arm. I'll probably be making several of these small tutorials so that future users can get started with less difficulty. I also have to remember to get KTX's servo motor's min and maxes, since RobovieMaker allows you to set the servos past their limits which can damage or flat out break them.

February 21, 2011

Today during the meeting, we weren't able to get the hello world program up and running but we got KTX to stand up and sit down. However, about 30 - 45 minutes after the meeting I figured out why the program wasn't running. The problem turned out to be that while we thought we were loading the hello world program into him, we were actually continually loading the program that allows you to control him with the wireless PS2 controller he comes with. Dr. Pankratz is also looking into ordering more batteries so that I will be able to work on KTX for prolonged periods of time without fear of having to wait for him to recharge.

February 20, 2011

The battery adaptor came in last week. Tomorrow Dr. Pankratz and I are going to see if we can get the software that KTX came with set up properly and the hello world program it came with to run. I'm fairly hopeful. Inside the software that came with KTX there are some sliders that weren't translated, and I have been unable to decipher what they mean on my own so I have consulted a couple of friends on the matter. I will make a note to update more frequently as I'm have been recently reminded of the importance of communication while reading and discussing The Mythical Man-Month. I also have to remember to see if I can get a computer set up on campus so that I can work on translating the comments in the code while I'm on campus, since the fix involves restarting the computer, which is a problem because of deepfreeze.

February 4, 2011

I'm getting my websie put together. I intend to change the aesthetics of the pages. As I found out from Dr. Pankratz yesturday the adaptor to KTX's batteries isn't here. So I will look over the code that we have for it and other documentation. Also I'll take a look at Masahiro Ishida's C++ program to see if I can (1) adequately translate the comments, and (2) gain an understanding of what the code does.