January 31

• Success! Thanks to Joe, I was able to figure out the problem I was having - I was forgetting to look into the Setttings on the Xoom and checking "Allow USB Debugging". Silly me...what a headache. Now that I was able to get that done, though, I was able to finish a Hello, World! I found on the Android Developer website:
    Lookit! So pretty! I feel so successful! Sorta. I'm gonna try and keep working on a simple User Interface this weekend so I can actually get something for my project down.

Goals for the week:
    - Find a more reliable phone/tablet that I can work on - Chris' phone isn't going to work for the whole semester. (Done!)
    - Create scope and finalize what I can on the website. (Done!)
    - Try and get a simple UI working so that I can figure out how I'd eventually like it to look and understand more about Android (WIP - I got stuck with the Xoom, but after figuring it out, I was able to get a Hello, World going!

January 28

• Didn't get any farther working with Android, but I got a lot done today anyway. I uploaded my website and spent 10 minutes trying to figure out why it looked so terrible before realizing I was running it off the C:// drive instead of compsci02... Continued work on my scope, and saw Pankratz today - he gave me a Motorola Xoom tablet to start working with. I spent the rest of the day struggling to download Eclipse onto my computer (I worked on Chris' yesterday) and then downloading the Xoom driver, so I could start working with it. It didn't work, and I'm pulling my hair out.

Goals for the week:
    - Find a more reliable phone/tablet that I can work on - Chris' phone isn't going to work for the whole semester. (WIP - Hopefully I can get the Xoom to work.)
    - Create scope and finalize what I can on the website. (WIP - pretty much done with the website, but I still need to work on the scope.)
    - Try and get a simple UI working so that I can figure out how I'd eventually like it to look and understand more about Android

January 27

• Started a little a testing with Eclipse and Chris' Galaxy Nexxus. I was following a tutorial on the Android website, as I've never before worked with android. I didn't get very far - it took awhile to figure out what everything was referring to, but I was eventually able to make a simple Hello, World with a text box and button. (As I write this, it doesn't seem like that much...) I'm in the process of trying to raise an event when the button is pressed. I do like how similar it is to C# and I think things will start going smoother as I start writing more in Java. (XML is new to me, too.)

Goals for the week:
    - Find a more reliable phone/tablet that I can work on - Chris' phone isn't going to work for the whole semester
    - Create scope and finalize what I can on the website