Finally: Progress !!

I am finally able to post this: I am making real progress! Since my last post I have been able to make immense progress on my mobile application, especially since there are only a few weeks left for me to program. First of all, I have fully developed my IU for all my activities. There will still be some tweaks, but the major aspects are done. This even includes my pop-up menus I have for my CanvasActivity.

Unfortunately, Dr. McVey and I haven’t been able to figure out why my bitmaps aren’t showing up. We got past the error that was saying the bitmap was null (even when it wasn’t in the log) but it just doesn’t display anything. Weirdly enough, below in my screenshots only half of the menu icons appear on the phone.. I’m not sure if this is a related issue.

Fortunately, I didn’t need an image background to develop drawing. I have created my own custom class extending the View class that allows me to draw to the screen. I adapted the class from here. Going off of that example, I have successfully implemented an undo button and will continue to work on it so I can get redo to work. I also got my color picker pop-up menu to work with both the color wheel picture and brightness slider. Below you can see I also have an option to change opacity, but I’m still deciding if I want that there or if I should just have a default opacity built into each brush. Something else I fixed from last Friday was the ability to change the stroke on the brush. At first, when I changed the stroke, it changed it for everything on the screen, but I figured out how to stop that from happening. Going off of changing the stroke, I also began exploring different brush types. It was a little difficult to figure this out since I couldn’t get an image to load underneath my drawing, but I found this Android library: BlendMode. I think I can use directly blend modes built into this library for effects and then a combination of different blend modes with different color paint.

Current Screenshots

Finally: Progress !!
css.php