About Me

Hello!

Welcome to my Paint by Number project website! I am Marie Smith and this is my final semester at St. Norbert College. I am a computer science major with a minor in mathematics, and for the last three and a half years I have worked hard to get all I could out of both of my programs, and I am excited to display my knowledge in this project! As someone who loves taking pictures (specifically of my animals, and the places I travel to) I am very excited to be able to use my photography in my work.

Philosophy Statement

I was first introduced to coding the summer after my freshman year of college when I took a Web Development Course at NWTC. At that point, my major was undecided, and all I knew was that I wanted to pursue something with mathematics (without being a math major). I really enjoyed this class and it encouraged me to take the Intro to Computer Science course at SNC and I fell in love. Coding was a fun way to use logic and math and I found it satisfying how I could see the results of my knowledge in a running program. Choosing to major in Computer Science here at SNC has been a fantastic decision that I have not regret once. While it is a lot of hard work and a time commitment, I always feel satisfied with what I’ve learned, and have had fun the entire course of my major.

Career Plans (4/19/2022)

At the beginning of the month, I accepted a position with Schneider National as an IT Solution Developer. I am excited for this opportunity because I will be able to write code and continue to learn. In the future, I am considering continuing my education and getting my masters.

Resume

css.php