title
  HOME         PROJECT         JOURNAL         CAREER        
My Resume (MS Word) | My Resume (Web)

My Career Path:
After graduating this May I will be joining a team that designs and develops the software for x-ray machines at GE Healthcare in Waukesha, WI. I am looking forward to starting my career and exploring the world of software engineering and information technology. I am also interested in possibly furthering my education at graduate school in a more focused field of computer science. Managing a project team sounds like a challenging task that I would eventually like to undertake.
I also have an interest for database concepts and web development, so I would like to be involved with those areas in some way.

My Philosophy:
When attempting to put into words how I felt about my experience at St. Norbert College, completing a computer science major and the field of technology, a few words repeatedly came to mind: change and creation.

For me, change applies not only as a characteristic a software engineer must possess from an adaptability standpoint, but also to how my opinion has changed throughout my experience at St. Norbert. An engineer must be able to adapt to new technologies and concepts. To learn about the changes of computing through the last 50 years sparks excitement and curiosity to think about the advances to come. Concerning my opinion of the computer science field, I first held the common misconception that all jobs the industry were static and mechanical. I soon found out this was not the case - there seems to be a job out there that just about matches everyone's passion, no matter how uncommon. I'm still in the process of formulating my particular passion.

There are a few things that I have found I'm truly passionate about so far in my experience as a computer science student. Computer science is very much like an art. It's more than just logic and mechanical processes. I love proving the stereotype wrong. Development involves design and creation. I love putting the effort into designing projects, discussing different methods of implementation, putting the concepts into code, everything. And when it all comes together and your application works, no matter how big or small, there's no other feeling like it.

One thing is certain: my feelings about computer science may alter from time to time, my passion for processes and technology will never change.