About Me
Resume:

Alexander A Popov Resume.doc

Philosophy:

Theory and practice, two radically polar ideas. Finding the medium between the two is certainly not an easy task. Theoretical research can be one of the most challenging and intriguing activates that a person can engage in. It requires an incredible amount of critical thinking, imagination and dedication, yet after all of the hard work the result is a unique product that can be found nowhere else on Earth. The prospect of one mind providing a unique concept to the realm of human understanding is an incredibly intriguing idea and many have dedicated their entire lives to just this cause.

For me, Computer Science is a synthesis between theory and practice. This is one of the few fields in which I create in the world of theory, yet the product that I create is very far from a purely theoretical thing. This is why I took on computer science and this is why I love it. This field allows me to study theory yet still be a pragmatist in a sense that I always create something real and operational. A blend I could find no where else. I absolutely love designing software which will then allow a user to operate a machine. I enjoy being able to create search algorithms which allow people to search through thousands of records in seconds and give them access to real information at a click of a button.

My goal as a computer scientist is to get into the academic arena and to engage in research in hopes of furthering my field. My near goals are to finish my undergraduate studies at St. Norbert College acquiring a B.S. in Computer Science. I also hope to be accepted into a graduate program where I can continue to learn and understand my field at even a higher level.