First Post

2/3/2021

Today, at approximately 10:00pm we received our problem statements from Dr. McVey Pankratz. My problem requires me to develop eye tracking technology and software to allow it to control the position of the mouse on screen. There are more requirements including creating tests to understand how effective my solution is, but that is the basics of it.

From some basic research, the applications of eye tracking technology mostly lie in the realms of accommodations for physically impared individuals, tools for medical/psychological research, and potentially for virtual reality technology. 

My first impressions of this project are apprehension and nervous excitement. This is a monumental task for me to conceptualize and I have many questions and clarifications before I will be able to fully get underway. There are many potential roadblocks that I see on the path forward and the terrain looks difficult to navigate as I have next to no experience in this field. But I will take the problem apart piece by piece and try to forge my way forward. As for now, I hope a fresh mind in the morning will enlighten me with a renewed sense of confidence and innovations. Goodnight.