Last Updated:

Week 14: Presentations(!!) and Reflections

Categories Updates

This week was a big one…it was finally presentation week. I tried not to add anything new to the project, but I was able to fix a few more small bugs and prepare.

(Hopefully) the last of the bugs

The main final bugs I kept finding were the buttons reappearing at random times when the sidebar was reshown. On Friday night when recording a video demo just in case, I realized it is because I never changed the criteria for what button should be shown when in the show sidebar function. I had them set it the other functions but decided to apparently just show them all no matter what in the show sidebar function.

There is one other bug that I know of that after you zoom in and then hide the sidebar the key flies off the left side of the screen. I think it has something to do with the margins or padding, but it only happens after zooming in. I have no clue how to fix this as I think it is something with the Google controls padding.

Presentation

The majority of my week was spent creating and perfecting my presentation. I presented it a few different times to different people and in very different stages of development and got a lot of helpful feedback.

Overall, I think my presentation went really well, there were a few mistakes and a question that I wish I would have answered better, but no presentation will ever be perfect.

You can view a copy of my presentation here:

One of my favorite moments of the week came on Friday night when a few of us were practicing for presentations. We were listening to music and laughing and just having a good time. Sometimes as a CS major and especially over the course of this project, my life was incredibly stressful, but the friendships, the learning, and the fun times make it all worth it.

I am so thankful for everyone who has supported me over the past four years and especially those who were able to be there for my presentation Saturday including my parents (who I didn’t get a picture with), my roommates (Nicole, Katie, and Lauren), Krissy, Nick, Annicka, and Dr. McVey-Pankratz.

It’s sad to see this chapter closing so quickly, but I’m ready for the next and to see what life has in store for me!