About Me

Learn about Me!
...

Philosophy Statement

If I was asked what my major in college would be in high school, I would have guessed a million majors before guessing computer science and math. I never had a special interest in computers as a kid and thought math was boring. Although I swore I would never take any extra math classes after high school, I discovered that I was naturally more talented in math and logic than in other subjects. During the summer going into senior year of high school my Uncle Chris (current software engineer) recommended that I try computer science. I figured it couldn’t hurt to take one class. Once I did I became very interested in the idea of building something from nothing. I thought it was intriguing to create a product from many lines of words. I found purpose in solving complex problems, which in turn provided me with the tools to solve other problems not related to computers. Is programming a superpower? (Yes it is!) I see myself pursuing a full-stack experience to begin with in order to gain as much hands-on experience as possible. I believe that I will gravitate towards working with data structures and back-end programming vs front end design.

...

I discovered Saint Norbert through soccer. My goal was to continue to play soccer after high school and further my education. I attended two soccer camps at Saint Norbert, which allowed me the opportunity to get a feel of the campus. After touring the school and getting to know some Saint Norbert soccer players I knew this was the place for me. I played soccer all four years for Saint Norbert and will finish my bachelor's degree in computer science and math in May 2024. Saint Norbert was a great choice for me because of the smaller class sizes and the option to meet with professors as much as I’d like. This has enhanced my learning experience and has made learning complex topics less intimidating. Go Knights! Now that I am officially retired from the beautiful game I have more free time for hobbies. I guess I should probably find a hobby? I spend most of my free time staying active, playing golf, fishing, and spending time with my friends.