home  project documents journal career about_me

Documents

Presentation

Presentations were Monday April 26th from 3-5 and 6-9.  The focus of my presentation was on the project management lifecycle because that was the goal of my project, working with the user to update the system.  You can see the steps I took through documentation in the presentation, you can also see advice I gave to future seniors, concepts I used, and important people that I wanted to thank.

Presentation

Final ScreenShots

The following two documents povide you with a visual representation of my program.  Through the documents I show the changes I made to the program and the website.  These documents use test data, therefore none of the data is actual tutor information.  I tried to show the majority of the changes I made in these documents, but for a full task list please see the task list.

Office Program                                Tutor Website

Cut-Over Document

A cut-over document is used for the installation process.  This document helped me gather my thoughts and understand what tasks need to precede other tasks.  Therefore, some tasks need to be accomplished before other tasks can be started.  For example, changes needed to be made to the database before the installation could be completed.

Cut-Over Document

Task List

This is an updated task list as of April 18, 2010.  This includes tasks I have completed and tasks I will still need to complete.

Updated Task List

Version 2.0

Version 2.0 ScreenShots provides screenshots of what I have been working on and what I have accomplished. Currently, some improvements still need to be made, but this provides an outline of the new system.

Version 2.0 ScreenShots

Release Two

Release Two required changes to the Database, the system, and the website.  This release shows the final tasks that were asked to be accomplished.

Release Two Business Requirements

Version 1.1

This version is the version I will be working with.  It is the version Ryan improved last semester.  Below is a document showing a few screenshots of the system.  The screenshots I provided show the screens that will be changed in Release One and/or Release Two.

Version 1.1 ScreenShots

Release One

Release One fixed bugs and implemented a few additional changes.  The purpose was to help me adjust to installing the system and to  make sure there were no additional bugs that were found. 

Release One Business Requirements

Database Connections

It is important to understand the connection between tables in order to update, add, or delete columns and records.  This document shows the fields that the tables currently hold and how they connect.

Database Connections

Project Charter/Scope

The project charter is a document that provides details about the project.  This document contains the scope, objectives, high level plans, anticipated deliverables, communication plan, and signoff.

Project Charter

Task List

After meeting with the users of the system and tutors, I was able to generate a list of tasks that I plan to accomplish. Each task includes subtasks, but only the main task is ranked on a scale of 1-10 for priority and difficulty.  I will also keep track of when that specific task is completed.

Task List (System and Website)

Startup

I created a Gantt chart and current schedule.  This will help me organize the days and times that I am planning to work on this project. 

Gantt Chart                                 Current Schedule