Title Song: All The Small Things

Title Artist: Blink-182

Song Link: https://youtu.be/obVyfnxL6BI

This is going to be a quick update! On Thursday (3/31/22), we gave walkthrough presentations of our projects. This gave us the chance to show our current progress and to receive feedback, suggestions, and advice about moving forward.

I received some nice feedback on some of my design and functionality choices which was very helpful. One of the suggestions was to have “default timestamps” if the user didn’t want to go through the entire process and place all of the timestamps. I hadn’t really thought about this before but had thought about allowing the user to use LRC files (standard format of file that karaoke machines read) that they may have gotten elsewhere instead of always having to create their own. While I didn’t have that implemented at the time, the suggestion of default timestamps made me realize that this feature was something that I needed to have in the final product.

Another suggestion I received was to add the “-15” and “+15” buttons to the actual karaoke part of the program as well. While people usually don’t jump backwards or forwards when they’re singing karaoke, I think this will be a nice feature to have in case a user wants to utilize it for practicing a song or to sing their favorite part over and over. It is also something that will be very easy to add since I have the function to do so already written in the timestamping section. I’m still playing around with what the number is actually going to be for these buttons (5?, 10?, 15?, 30?) but it would be easy to change if I decide differently.

Finally, I received some feedback on a few design choices that I made. The first were the buttons on my main/welcome screen. The current order (from top to bottom) is Create, Edit, Sing, and About. It was suggested that I move the ‘Sing’ button to the top of the list since I’m making a karaoke machine. I’m going to play around with the idea a bit more this next week and come up with various designs. For now, however, I’m going to keep it how it is as I’m just trying to get all of my pieces connected. The other design feedback I got was on the textbox that shows the current time in the song. I was asked if it would be possible to remove the milliseconds from the timespan when displaying that time. I totally agreed with this and actually fixed it within a day as I also disliked how the milliseconds looked with the time.

Anyway, that’s all for this update. I’ll have another progress update in the next day or so, but that’s it for now. As always, thanks for reading!

Lauren (4/2/22)

Enjoy this meme since I don’t have any links, videos, or screenshots to show!

computer science Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

Categories:

Tags:

No responses yet