A Plan

A Plan

4/10/2023

This week was a lot of planning and looking ahead. There are only a few more weeks left of the semester; since this week was short, it was my planning week. I am in a really good place with Karela but there is one last big thing I can implement to improve the program. I have met with Dr. McVey and Dr. Pankratz about a way to allow nested loops and help with line highlighting in the program. Basically, I could use a stack to create a table that tells me where any loop or if statement started and ended. I would keep track of my line numbers and the table would allow for easy access to where loops and if statements end and start.

I have a good understanding of how I can implement this idea but I haven’t started to work on it yet. I will need to make sure I have a working copy of my program just in case anything goes wrong though. I am satisfied with what Karela does now but I want to improve it the best I can before the end of the semester. We’ll see what happens in the next few weeks. Other than implementing this new idea I will just be cleaning up my code and polishing the program.