Documenting

Documenting

3/26/2023

A lot of this week was spent getting a plan of attack on the rest of my project. I got a chance to talk with Dr. McVey and Dr. Diederich about my program and show off my progress. Overall, I feel that I am on the downswing of it all. My project now contains all of the main functions that I wanted it. It will run a program, open a lesson and save/open programs. It seems that everything else is just cleaning it up and making sure everything is running smoothly.

My major progress this week was adding a save and upload function to the project. The user can now save their program to a text file and upload a program from a text file. This was pretty easy to do because I could just use a save dialog box and an upload dialog box. There are a few tweaks to be made but it is working well. I also worked on my documentation his week. I am still working in my Prototype project and hope to start transitioning to my final soon. That being said, I need to document my code so I can easily understand it when I transition into the final project. Everything is pretty organized now so the transition shouldn’t be too hard.

Moving forward, I want to focus more on the design aspects of the project. Saving and uploading files was my last big step so I want to work on the design more. I also need to work on getting lessons together. Right now I just have samples that I use instead of an actual lesson. My plan is to work on the design aspect and get some complete lessons together this upcoming week as well as smoothing out some issues as I come across them.

Here is a video of my progress: