Adam DeNoble
Senior Capstone Experience
Visual Lane Detection and Analysis

• Capstone Home

Senior Project

• Overview

• Examples

• Downloads

• Journal

• Timeline

• Requirements

Professional Info

• Career Path

• Philosophy Statement

• Resume

• Contact Info

Computing Philosophy Statement

Computing is a powerful technology that has grown, in a very short time, from rooms filled with vacuum tubes to small, embedded devices visible in just about every aspect of life. In the simplest sense, computers are "thinking machines" - devices that we can program to solve problems for us, oftentimes problems more complicated than we are able to solve mentally. The result of this has been a sharp increase in scientific breakthrough and personal convenience the world over.

Although it is important to continue to advance the capabilities of computing itself, as a computer scientist, I see my role as being mostly that of an innovator - to take the technology already available to us and adapt it to solve the problems of the day. This often involves the integration of computer processing with never before imagined types of input and output, from industrial robots to the human body - the possibilities are limited only by our imaginations.

I hope to use my abilities to make a positive impact on the world - to improve people's lives in some way. Currently, some of my other areas of interest are healthcare and public safety, where I foresee myself working on the adaptation of computing technology to advance those fields. Above all, I feel that a commitment to sound ethics is one of the true marks of a professional, in any field and as such, always strive to work in a manner that reflects this commitment.

All web development by Adam DeNoble.
All contents are copyright © 2006, Adam DeNoble. All rights reserved.