Spring Break

Spring Break

3/19/2023

Over spring break, I did a lot of housekeeping and worked on the implementation of lessons. First, I changed my code to create my pictureboxes in my grid programmatically. This helped to clean up my code so it is easier to go through. After getting it to run programmatically, I focused on how to get my main form to talk to my lesson form. After a lot of trial and error, I found that I could just pass my main form as a parameter to the lesson form and use functions from my main form in my lesson form. To get to the lesson form, I have a list of each lesson name and a lesson button that will open the selected lesson. This is subject to change but it is a start. There are a lot of little details that need to be worked out but for now, it is functionally mostly how I want it to be.

What I plan on tackling next is writing at least one lesson out entirely and creating a task to go along with the lesson. After that, I want to focus on how I can save progress in the application. I’m not too sure how to tackle this so it will take some research and the use of my resources.

Here is a video of the progress with the lesson window: